Sunday, April 10, 2011

Belated Birthday Card

It was my dear sister's birthday a few weeks ago. I wanted to make her a nice card but I wasn't inspired to create anything special. I create things all of the time and yet I had a creative block when it came time to make her a card. I could have bought her a card and sent it in time for her birthday but I waited because I wanted to make something special.

Then I received a lovely, vintage table cloth and it ignited a spark of creativity.
I scanned a section of the table cloth and added the words in Photoshop. I added three vintage buttons to finish off the card. This is exactly the inspiration I was waiting for.

Here is the inspirational table cloth.

Happy birthday Elaine! Sorry this is belated.

This is linked to:
A Little Knick KnackAll Thingz Related, Baked by JoannaBetween Naps on the Porch, Beyond the Picket FenceBlue Cricket Designs, Brambleberry Cottage, Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingCoastal Charm, Craft EnvyCreative Everyday, Decor to AdoreFave CraftsFinding FabulousHey, What's For Dinner Mom?, House of Grace, I {heart} Naptime, Inspiring CreationsIt's A Very Cherry World, Just a GirlKeeping it Simple, Krafty Kat, Lovely Crafty HomeMaking the World CuterMarvelously Messy, My Backyard Eden, My Romantic HomeMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Paisley PassionsPassionately ArtisticRook No. 17Running With Glitter, Savvy Southern Style, Simply DesigningSkip to My Lou, Someday Crafts, Somewhat Simple, Tatertots & JelloThe DIY Home Sweet Home ProjectThe Girl Creative, The Shabby Chic Cottage, The Shabby NestThe Thrifty HomeThe Trendy Treehouse, Truly LovelyUnder the Table and Dreaming, What Allie's Making Now and Wildflowers & Whimsy

24 comments:

  1. Wow, how clever... and beautiful!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful! I have never scanned my vintage linens before. I might just have to scan some now though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my passions is vintage tablecloths....this is such a unique way to use one!!!! Ihave to try this....what size scanner did you use, just a regular one???? Incredible idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My two loves, paper crafts and vintage tablecloths!
    I need to try this with some of my grandmother's tablecloths. What a great idea!

    Buffie
    http://scrappingwithbuffie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,
    I just used my regular Epson printer/scanner. While the tablecloth was still folded, I took a sheet of 8.5"x11" cardstock and placed it behind the section I wanted to scan. This helped to keep the linen straight as well as keep any other parts of the linen from showing through the white areas. Glad that you like this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, that is a fabulous idea! What a beautiful card! I know she loved it! Thanks for sharing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cloth and card! LOVE vintage table linens! I hope you'll stop by the Pretty Packages Party and share this.

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/04/pretty-packages-party-8.html

    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea!! Thank you for sharing and a happy birthday to your sister!
    Fondly,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea. The vintage tablecloths have such wonderful graphics.
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful inspiration source. Visiting from Rook No. 17.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW..what an amazing idea..and loving that table cloth..That is so cool what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Lynda, I'm Holly! This is a nifty idea! I've seen it done with vintage hankies, too. Hey, how about doilies? That would be cute- although not as colorful. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this idea! There's nothing prettier than a vintage tablecloth, and I never would have thought about doing something like this. The possibilities are endless!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are sooo creative, Lynda! That gorgeous table cloth coupled with your ingenious idea produced a beautiful one-of-a-kind card for your sister.

    Thanks for linking the loveliness to my party.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just precious! I'm always amazed at people's creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is beautiful and very thoughtful!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely adore this project! I am hosting a Springtime Craft and Project linky party today and I would love it if you would particpate.

    There is a giveaway involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea - I would never have thought of scanning a vintage piece of fabric but what a great way to use it without cutting it up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the idea of scanning fabric. What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO GREAT! Fantastic idea such a sweet and special card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty!!! And such a great idea to scan the fabric!! Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! What a beautiful creative epiphany to scan the vintage tablecloth. The buttons are the perfect dimensional accent!

    Thank you for sharing your creativity and inspiration on "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rook No. 17!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this idea Lynda! You sister is lucky :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...