Sunday, January 9, 2011

Valentine Heart Tartlet Assemblage

Today I Created | A Heart Tartlet Assemblage

I bought these Swedish Tartlet pans at an estate sale yesterday. I envisioned Valentine projects with the heart-shaped tins.

My first project was to use Cranberry colored Alcohol Ink in the center since this one particular tin had a flawed finish and the color would hide some of the scratches. I placed three drops of the ink in the center and tipped the tin to allow the ink to flow up each of the side grooves. I liked how this looks like rays emanating from the heart.

I embellished it simply by adding a smaller distressed banner with a stamped sentiment.

For this second Tartlet Assemblage I found this adorable image from the Graphics Fairy blog. I sized it to fit the tartlet tin, printed it on cardstock, trimmed it and edged it with tinsel ribbon. The last step was to adhered it to the center of the tartlet tin.

This is linked to the Graphics Fairy, Apron Thrift GirlCreative Every DayKeeping It Simple, Making the World Cuter, House of Grace, Someday Crafts, Blue Cricket Design, The Shabby Chic Cottage, Trendy TreehouseFaveCrafts and Between Naps on the Porch.

Addendum: I have posted a third Valentine Heart Tartlet Assemblage.

10 comments:

  1. That is too cute! Such a great idea. Reminds me sort of like a day of the dead type thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute project - nice way to decorate with tins that have seen a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out really cute, great ideas:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little tartlets are so very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds think alike, I used a similar image from the Graphics Fairy for today's Brag Monday post. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Really sweet for Valentine's Day!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so sweet! You did a great job with it. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so creative! Thanks so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This project is great, thanks for posting it and participating in the FaveCrafts blog hop! Our next blog hop will be February 15 and we hope you’ll participate again. Your project will also be featured in a special newsletter that goes out to 850,000+ readers. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...