Friday, January 14, 2011

Valentine Heart Both Sweet and Tart

Today I Created | A Valentine heart tartlet that is both sweet and tart to go with my other heart tartlets.


I started off using the Sizzix Angel Wings die and cutting two matching wings out of Grunge Paper. Next, I embossed them with the Tropical Paisley Textured Impressions.

I used Barn Door, Distress Ink to color the wings. While they were still damp I used a brayer and rolled white acrylic paint over the surface which turned pink. When the wings were dry I applied Mod Podge and clear glitter.

Meanwhile I found a large red button and tied embroidery floss in the center. I glued lace around the edges and then hot glued it to the center of one of the Swedish Tartlet pans that I bought at an estate sale. This made the heart look very sweet.

The final part was to adhere the wings to the back of the tartlet pan. As I was deciding where to glue the wings I noticed that at this angle they have a little piece that shows near the bottom sides of the heart. This gave it a bit of a goth appearance. Maybe painted black and silver would make these look perfect for Halloween decorations. A Valentine heart both sweet and tart!

This is linked to Lovely Crafty Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...