Saturday, November 10, 2012

Vintage Holiday Warehouse Sale - Update

What a great first brick & mortar experience to sell my vintage treasures and meet the buyers in person. I've had some really wonderful emails from online buyers where they would tell me stories of how they had been looking for something for years and were so happy to find it in my store. But when you sell in person there is often a giant smile and a little story of how they plan to use something that they are buying.

My favorite description was one woman who bought my vintage safety deposit box and planned to use it to display her Washi tape collection. Now why didn't I think of that? And another woman bought some crystal glass to give to her mother because, as a child, she had broken so much of her mother's crystal and wanted to replace the pieces. I love these stories.

Anyway, the sale was a great experience and a special thank you to Danni of Oh, Hello Friend for being such a generous host. We had a great time and can't wait for the next warehouse sale.

Here are a few pix from the sale. I learned a lot about display ideas from the other vendors. My next set up will be different but this was a great first experience.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...