Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sometimes Even the Nicest People Can Fool You

We had a really fun day of thrifting. The morning started off a little disappointing but we found a lot of treasures at the second sale. We were an hour early for this second sale and had to stand around waiting. There was no crowd and ten minutes before the sale was to open a man arrived who should have been third in line behind us. He was very nice and chatted with us but later I realized that he had slowly worked his way to be standing in front of the gate the moment the sale opened. He didn't even pretend to be polite and let me {first in line} get by him. Luckily he was looking for something that I couldn't have cared less about. And he seemed like such a nice man...

Anyway, we found tons of treasures and I didn't let the not-so-nice man bother me a bit. I especially love these vintage cake toppers. They are so sweet!
I found a cool retro Blendo pitcher and tumblers in lime green. These are both trendy and retro at the same time. The ombre look is trendy and yet these are mid century modern barware. The photo doesn't show the bright lime green color well.
We found a Hall Pottery Ball Pitcher and Goebel ceramic Wren figurine. Goebel is the same company that makes the Hummel figurines.
A nice framed butterfly collection.
Lots of old glassware including a milk glass vase and several refrigerator dishes {Arcoroc and Fire King, Sapphire Blue, Philbe pattern}
I also found a lot of old glass bottles. These are two old English seltzer bottles that are really heavy glass. The other bottles have an interesting shared history as I discovered with more research.
I discovered that all of the old smaller bottles were from a town called Price, Utah. There was even an old 1941 calendar from the same town. Below is a photo of the collection
Detail of a half-pint milk bottle from Price's Dairy with a four digit phone number embossed on the bottle.
 Two bottles were for "Dr. Price's Delicious Flavoring Extracts"
 The taller bottle is from Price Bottling and Ice Cream Company.
 And the 1941 calendar with working thermometer is from Price's Market.
I had a lot of fun looking up the history of Price, Utah. I didn't even realize that they were all from the same town until I began photographing them.

I am constantly putting more items into my store so please Follow my store if you see anything that you would like.

I hope everyone had a great thrifting weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Love all your finds, I am so wanting some seltzer bottles but have never come across them at any sales. I love the cake toppers too, I found one this weekend also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great! It's always so fun to see what you find!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just where Price, Utah is--I've driven through there more times than I can count going between Utah and Colorado. In fact, my brother just got engaged to a girl from there! It's a coal-mining town but there is also a University there now too. Neat finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice - my favourites are the glass set, the cake toppers and the calendar!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...