Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rainy, St. Patrick's Day Thrifting

They predicted rain today and they were right. I don't enjoy soggy weather. Rain also limits the number of garage sales in my area. Thrifting was slim this week.

My favorite find was this Disney Bambi ceramic figurine. I started collecting resting deer figurines because my dog tends to curl her legs in such a way that she looks like a fawn at rest.

I also found this wire and glass, shabby chic, "vase". It isn't quite the shape of a vase but I don't know what else it could be. I just liked the wire and glass shape.

Earlier I had found a set of old stencils from the 1940s. The stencils have mellowed to a nice honey color. I thought they had a nice graphic look that could be used for altered art projects.

I also found this box of spools. The colors were beautiful and I love old wooden spools.

I have some of these items listed for sale in my Stuff to Treasure store. I'm hoping that the rest of this weekend is dry and maybe we can catch a local flea market. I hope everyone had a good thrifting day.

6 comments:

  1. That little deer is darling & I can't pass up wooden spools either. I've actually listed some for sale lately because they were taking over my sewing desk, but they're just lovely & hard to leave behind when I find them at a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds - especially the little cute bambi and the threads!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm repeating myself constantly, but... I love your finds! Beautiful items... :-)
    Greetings from Denmark
    //Lisbet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- you found some great stuff! The deer has to be the cutest but it's all great. How have you beed? Your blog looks great as always :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...