Monday, September 20, 2010

Winter decoration

Today I Created | A Snowflake Decoration

The weather is beginning to feel cooler in the evenings so I started thinking about holiday cards and decorations. Technically it is still Summer but who cares?

I had this white and silver metallic paper that I was saving for a Winter page. Here in Southern California, our Winters are more a matter of overcast skies but rarely ever snow. Having said that, I realized that I've had this "Winter" paper for several years and had never had a reason to use it. I needed to create something Wintery.

I adhered the paper to chipboard and cut it out of the Basic Grey, Snowflake #3 die by Sizzix. Next I used a pale silvery-blue paper by Cosmo Cricket and cut a Paper Rosette die shape.

After assembling the Rosette I found an old silver metallic button and glued that to the center. Then I glued the Rosette to the snowflake.

This would look good on a Christmas card. The snowflake is 5 inches across.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...