Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Distressed Snowman Tag

Today I Created | A wax-resist snowman tag.

The idea for this project came from the lessons I learned while creating yesterday's Halloween tag.

I started with a pale blue tag cut from the eclips Christmas cartridge. I used the Tim Holtz Snow Flurries Texture Fades to create the snowflake pattern. I rubbed the raised surfaces with wax. Then I sprayed a light coating of Sea Glass Glimmer Mist and wiped off any excess. This created the overall snowflake pattern. I let this dry thoroughly so that the paper was stiff.

Next, I ran it through the Snowman Texture Fades to emboss the snowman on top of the snowflake pattern. The cool part of this technique is that the flat part of the Snowman Texture Fade flattened the background snowflakes so only the snowman is a raised pattern.

Finally I used Denim Distress Inks to highlight the edges of the Snowman.

6 comments:

  1. What a great looking tag and love the technique...thanks for showing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag! Great technique and the results are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks and feels wintery - what a great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your technique.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...