Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gifts From My Mother



Today I Created | A scrapbook page for my mother.

I had two goals in creating this scrapbook page; 1) incorporate two butterfly pins that had belonged to my mother and 2) experiment using a pleated paper technique.

I knew that I wanted to just attach the pins on the page. They are ornate so I didn't want to place them where they would look too fussy. From there I selected an old photo.

Next I cut two 1 1/2" x 12" strips of blue paper. I folded them into pleats and sewed them onto the paper. I tucked the photo behind the pleats and added a text box below.

I sprayed Glimmer Mist on a plain Prima Flower then attached an old button.

The headline came at the very end when I started writing in the text box. My mother encouraged my creativity and for that I thank her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...