Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Artistamp Experiment

Today I Created | A sheet of artistamps.

This was a totally new experience for me. I was given some Postage Papers and couldn't wait to play with them.

My first thought was to create a design that went across the entire sheet but after viewing a few comments online I realized that what makes postage stamps unique is that they are repetitive bits of art.

So I dug through my small stamp collection and found this monkey that I have been wanting to use. I created the words on my computer and printed the sheet. The alignment is slightly off so I will have to practice getting that exact.

Next, I cut a paper stencil that was the size of a single postage stamp. I laid the stencil on top of each stamp and inked Tea Dye and Barn Door Distress Inks on each postage stamp and along the outer edges of the sheet.

Finally I stamped the monkey on top of each postage stamp.

With a little more thought and time I can see that making these postage stamps can be very creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...