Monday, September 27, 2010

Felt Christmas Ornament


Today I Created | A die cut felt ornament.

I used the Sizzix Pumpkin 3-D die by Karen Burniston and cut 20 felt pieces. I cut off all of the little tabs that are needed to assemble the paper version of this design.

I first sewed all of the pieces together in the center flat side of the shapes and tied it together to create a loose ball shape. I then stitched all of the tops together and then all of the bottoms together to create the ball shape. It needed a bit of fluffing to make the ball look round.

I sewed the ribbon to the top and an acrylic charm to the bottom. I colored the charm with alcohol ink and then stamped a pattern and lifted the ink in that area.

My sister and I exchange homemade Christmas ornaments each year so this is for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...