Sunday, January 6, 2013

Designers Craft Connection Blog Hop - January

Welcome to the January issue of the Designers Craft Connection Blog Hop. I know that many of the participating Designers will be traveling to the Craft & Hobby Association trade show this coming weekend. I hope to have the opportunity to meet some of them in person. This is such a creative group!

The theme for this month's blog hop is "Handmade Home Décor". I chose to do something practical but a bit unique. My project is a pillow using an old Japanese technique.

The uniqueness of this pillow is that it is neither square nor round. It has eight corners so is similar to a cube but it isn't a cube. And it is made from four pieces of fabric.

I once made this as a child and thought it would make a unique, if not hard to describe, home décor project. Here is another view.
The complex shape makes this an interesting pillow. I used two different fabrics but it could be even more interesting if it had four various fabrics. I plan to experiment with other combinations and maybe make it a little smaller the next time.

Please use the Designers Craft Connection {DCC} button on the right to hop through more Handmade Home Décor inspiration ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...