Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Marriage Proposal and Great Thrifting

I had a good laugh today at a Living Estate Sale when the seller's son jokingly proposed marriage. First I had a nice chat with his mother, then asked him to empty lots of boxes because I just wanted the containers. He laughed and said that I asked him to do so much stuff that he should just marry me. I told him that I would have to check with Dear Handyman first. When I mentioned this to Dear Handyman, his response was "Well, how much of a discount would he give us on our purchase." That's my Dear Handyman... a quick wit and always looking for a bargain!

So my favorite find today was this vintage Typewriter table. This has been on my Thrift Wish List {which I keep forgetting to put in writing.}
We also found some vintage Pyrex bowls.
Aluminum cake carrier with an acorn pattern.
Several bottles, some marked "Japan" on the bottom.
Several vintage Christmas treasures.

And here are some of the containers that I had asked to be emptied. Don't you just love the aqua blue colors.

I am going to try and post most of these items in my Stuff to Treasure store. There might be some delay because tomorrow I am going to CHA {Craft and Hobby Association trade show} and will post photos of the show as soon as possible.

Hope everyone had a great day of thrifting! Did anyone else get a marriage proposal?

This is linked to:
Hey What's For Dinner Mom?, Sir Thrift a Lot,  Stylish Once Again and Under the Table and Dreaming

I am honored to be featured at:

5 comments:

  1. Christmas after Christmas - lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds and yes, I do love the aqua blue colors :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have bought every single thing that you did! Great minds definitely do think alike. Love the Pyrex and the aqua boxes the best.

    Have a great week!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow it's like I went to the estate sale every single thing I like you picked up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No marriage proposals for a few years here!

    I love those knee hugger elves. I've only found 2 in the thrifts & they've been in their original box.

    & thank you, a vintage typewriter table is now on my thrift wishlist. Love it!


    Sir Thrift-A-Lot
    http://www.sirthriftalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...