Saturday, January 19, 2013

I {heart} California Thrifting

We have been having some unusually cold weather here in Southern California but today it was close to 80 degrees and absolutely gorgeous. It was a wonderful day to head in to Los Angeles and do some thrifting.

We found a lot of interesting vintage treasures at an estate sale in the hills above Chavez Ravine in Los Angeles. I added photos of the area at the end of this post.

I'm always looking for mid-century modern ceramics so I was thrilled to find this Arabia of Finland ceramic bowl.
I also found this vintage French salad spinner. It operates like the old tin top mechanism and has a great shabby chic look. The spinner can also be removed so it can be used just as a basket.

Found two Tensor desk lamps that look so retro and work perfectly.

I think this is a spinning display/storage rack for 8 track tapes. I just liked the mid-mod design.
I also found a large basket of wooden spools and a box of old air mail envelopes.

I've lived in Southern California all of my life and have only been to Elysian Park to watch the Dodgers a few times as a child. It was great to see how beautiful the area looks today.
Above is the view looking Northwest towards Griffith Park in the distance.
Beautiful Elysian Park in Chavez Ravine facing South.
On the Pasadena Freeway towards Pasadena. The Rose Bowl is a few miles from here.
On the way to get some breakfast we came across a movie production crew filming at a High School in Pasadena. This is one of those days that I love California!

I've added many of these items to my store so please stop by and check it out. I hope everyone had a great day of thrifting.

This is linked to:
Coastal CharmHey What's For Dinner Mom?, It's a Very Cherry World,  Mod Vintage LifeSir Thrift a Lot and Stylish Once Again

I am honored to be Featured at:
Stylish Once Again

5 comments:

  1. so many cool things--that salad spinner is probably the coolest thing I've seen in a LONG time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 80 degrees and a Vintage French Salad Spinner! What a day for sure. Thanks so much for sharing at Restyled Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here! LOVE that salad spinner. I've never seen a vintage one before. Also, those air mail envelopes are a SCORE. I love ephemera like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too fun! And oh my, what glorious temperatures! Sounds like a delightful day and definitely was a lovely Rednesday visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun this thrifting trip must have been. Love your finds.
    oops, your word verification is ON...just sayin :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...