Sunday, July 31, 2011

Special News and a Few Fun Finds

I'm so excited about some special news; I've been published!!!!
Amy Powers, a very creative crafter, contacted me after seeing my Sewing Wreath on Pinterest {thank you to whoever Pinned me}. She asked me to do a tutorial to include in her online publication. Well it is finally finished and the publication, Inspired Ideas, is awesome and so beautiful. I am just so honored to be featured among such illustrious designers such as Charlotte Lyons and Jone Hallmark, {two designers in particular that I've always admired}. I'm still pinching myself. Amy has done an amazing job of showcasing ideas and tutorials that you won't find anywhere else. Visit her site to purchase an issue. I promise that you will be inspired!

The rest of my weekend was filled with family activities. My son had another motorsports event {his competitive driving skills are gaining positive attention} and we also had a family birthday party but I was able to squeeze in one estate sale.

My favorite find was this torn card mixed in with some vintage sewing notions. I first saw the word "Barbie's" and the picture of Midge and wondered what could be on the other side.
Then I turned it over and found these short zippers that were probably used to make Barbie clothes. It is dated; 1963.

I also found an old Lotto game with wooden number pieces. I plan to use the pieces for altered art projects.
It was a busy weekend filled with exciting news and family events but a rather quiet weekend for estate sale hunting. That's okay because there are always more sales to look forward to. Please don't forget to check out the Inspired Ideas publication.

This is linked to:

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Lynda! It's nice to know that the blogosphere can open doors to new and exciting opportunities.

    <3Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!
    http://LetsGoThrifting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous. Clever you. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Inspired Ideas publication! Way cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...