Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Combining a Couple of Thrifted Objects

Years ago, as an art student in college, I once found a box full of shoe trees at a thrift store and used them for a project. Since then, they have always held a nostalgic creative spot in my heart.

Flash forward to today and another pair of thrifted shoe trees. I decided to create something useful by combining them with parts from a photo tree.

I used the shoe trees to form a sturdy base then added the wire arms from the photo tree. The images displayed are from the Graphics Fairy

I added burlap rosettes and buttons as accents. These are such a playful, decorative display solution while being extremely thrifty at the same time.

I had so much fun turning these beautiful Found objects into useful, decorative items.

This is linked to:
504 MainA Little Knick Knack, All Thingz RelatedBetween Naps on the PorchBeyond the Picket Fence, Cherished TreasuresChic on a ShoestringCommon Ground, FaveCraftsFrench Country CottageFrugalicious Me, Homemaker on a DimeI {heart} Naptime, Keeping it SimpleLovely Crafty Home, Making the World Cuter,  Marvelously MessyMy Romantic Home, My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaNot So Simple Housewife, Paisley PassionsPassionately Artistic, Rook No. 17, Running With GlitterSavvy Southern Style, Sew Can DoSew Much Ado, Simply Designing, Singing Three Little Birds, Skip to My LouSomeday Crafts, Somewhat Simple, Sumo's Sweet StuffTatertots & JelloThe 36th Avenue, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, The DIY Showoff, The Girl CreativeThe Shabby Creek Cottage, The Shabby Nest, The Southern InstituteThe Thrifty Home, The Trendy Treehouse, Thrifty Decorating, Truly Lovely, Twin Dragonfly Designs Type A DecoratingUnder the Table and Dreaming, Vintage Wannabe and What Allie's Making Now

15 comments:

  1. I love these wooden shoe trees! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice - I love using vintage items in new ways too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! You create the coolest stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is spectacular. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!! Thanks so much for linking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!This is gorgeous! Way to go:)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Love your creative space. Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I like this idea....so creative and fun. Using vintage objects in this way is wonderful! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative! Thanks so much for linking up with {re}create into something new! How cute!

    Kaitlin--The Not So Simple Housewife
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So that's what you can do with those neat old shoe trees (I thought they were some sort of shoe stretchers!).. I have one packed away somewhere, if I ever find it I may do something like you did..

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable, you have a great imagination! Thanks for linking up with VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! And how you found all those pictures too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining Pinkalicious Thursday. What a creative use for those vintage shoe trees! I love to display photos in a creative way! Tres magnifique!
    I hope to see another beautiful creation this Thursday!
    XOXO,
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an awesome idea! I love the way you combined the two types of "trees" to make one functional yet decorative and totally new creation! Beautiful!

    Thank you for being one of my favorite contributors to "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is definitely awesome! I'm sure everybody love it, most especially those who loves creative projects.



    kamagra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...