Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July Thrifted Decorations

Happy Independence Day! It is one day early but I plan to be celebrating with my family and friends tomorrow so I wanted to post a day early.

I created these table decorations using all thrifted elements or supplies used in other projects.
I started with vintage large spools. I wrapped some with white felt to cover the color of the thread still on the spool. I used bits of burlap to add texture and a little bit of lace. There are also two pieces of vintage, hand-crocheted elements used.

I wrapped one spools with Blue Chip Stamps and it became "Red, White and Blue Chip Stamps".

There is so much more you can do with these. I just had fun using so many thrifted supplies. Here is one idea on how to use these as a centerpiece.
I would also like to take a moment and thank Bree at Coupons on Caffeine. She did a wonderful Feature on my blog. And besides being so sweet to feature me, she also posts money-saving coupons which you can't help but love. So if you have a chance, visit her blog and Follow her for some great money-saving offers. Thank you Bree!

I hope everyone has a safe Fourth of July celebration.

I am honored to be featured at:


A Marvelous Mess

Cherished Treasures”=


This is linked to:
A Little Knick KnackBetween Naps on the PorchCherished Treasures, FaveCraftsHomemaker on a Dime, I {heart} Naptime, I'm Topsy Turvy, Itsy Bitsy Paper,  Keeping It Simple, Life Made LovelyMaking the World CuterMarvelously Messy, Paisley PassionsPassionately ArtisticRook No. 17Running With GlitterSew Can Do, Sew Much AdoSinging Three Little Birds, Someday Crafts, Somewhat SimpleSue Loves CherriesSugar Bee CraftsSumo's Sweet Stuff,  The 4Rs, The 36th AvenueThe DIY Home Sweet Home ProjectThe DIY Showoff, The Girl Creative, The Thrifty Home, The Shabby Chic CottageThe Southern Institute, The Trendy Treehouse, Thrifty DecoratingType A and Very Merry Vintage Style

23 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! Thanx for sharing! Happy 4th!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute decorations. Love that vintage tin mold. Have a great fourth!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling decorations. I just love what you did with the spools. Have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wooden spools those are darling! COme see my display.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's talk about where you got those vintage wooden spools - so many ideas come to mind for those! These decorations you made are so great! I love their simplicity. I am new to following your blog and I found you through Marvelously Messy - I would love a follow back if you have the chance!
    Enjoy your holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore the spools! love vintage spools and how you decorate them are just gorgeous! Happy 4th of July to you!

    I'm blog hopping from homemakeronadime, your newest follower :)

    Susan at http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful decor! So patriotic! Love all those blue-red-white here. Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Forth of July!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look amazing! I'm totally loving them

    I'm having a Red, White and Blue Linky Party and would love for you to join in on the fun by linking up.
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/07/red-white-and-blue-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are extremely cute and I wish I had them for my party today! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some of my favorite 4th of July decorations I've seen. So pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these!
    Thanks for sharing this cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is ALL so CUTE!!! i love it:)
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh these have got to be some of the cutest things I have seen for the 4th. I love how you have incorporated little bits of this and that but it all comes together. Love the centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those spools are too cute! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a great job on your holiday decorations. I would not have thought of using the spools in this manner. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. luv how you use the wooden spool...
    Don't forget to add it to our weekly party for our readers to discover.
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/weekly-talent-search-with-linking-party.html
    Thanks
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wouldn't these spools be fantastic for a ladies bandquet for table centerpieces. SO CUTE.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are adorable! A great way to use those bits and bobs around the craft room. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very creative! Love the spool idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am absolutely, utterly enchanted by your spools! Beautiful!

    I feel so fortunate to have someone of your creativity and talent be a regular contributor to "A Little Birdie Told Me..."!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...