Saturday, July 2, 2011

Garage Sale in My Own Front Yard

An odd day, not a lot of garage sale opportunities because of the holiday weekend. I found a few interesting ones that weren't too far away. But it turns out that my neighbor across the street had the most interesting treasures.
I found this vintage vacuum bottle and old wooden Pepsi crate. I love wooden soda crates.

I know these are reproductions but I found two boxes of unopened luggage labels. I envision a lot of crafting projects with these.

This is a large, old tin mold. I have a project in mind for this as well.

I saw this red stapler and immediately thought of the movie "Office Space". If you've seen the movie then you will understand the significance of a red stapler. I think this will go to the office with me.

So there wasn't a lot of treasures today because there weren't a lot of estate sales. But the hunt continues... I might just walk across the street again and see what my neighbor still has for sale.

This is linked to:

13 comments:

  1. I have a few molds like that one that were just too pretty to pass up, but I've never been able to figure out a use for them. Can't wait to see what you have in mind! Love the red stapler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love garage sale-ing in my own neighborhood too, sadly all the sales were last weekend due to the holiday. It's great that you found goodies so close to home, I definitely know the significance of the red Swingline, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some goodies for a slow sale weekend. It was slow in our area also, but I managed to find a treasure or two. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finds. There are so many things you can do with those luggage labels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all. The red stapler, oh yes a must. The stickers were a real find too, the things you can do with them. Oh boy!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say your neighbor had enough vintage goodies without an estate sale. You did good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen travel luggage labels sold in a pack. That's a great crafty find.
    Think of the gas you saved by shopping right at home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There will be lots of opportunites for these goodies. The mold and stapler are really good finds.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Pepsi crate and the luggage tags - the red stapler is too cute.
    Thanks for linking to THT.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  10. The soda crate and red stapler are amazing finds! You did really well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your goodies; great possibilites and creations with those tags. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those labels...what great finds! I have a thermos similar to that one....love them. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I think you did great for so few yard sales! Love the crate and those labels are going to be fun to play with! Thank you for joining TTF and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...