Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Coffin Box

Today I Created | A Coffin Box covered in a spooky collage

This project was intended to be a painting project. I die cut the coffin box out of coated chipboard thinking that I was going to paint and add some torn paper to the outside of the box.

I started looking through some of the images from the Graphics Fairy (thank you Graphics Fairy and thank you to my dear sister for telling me about your site). I found the image of the skeleton and realized that it would fit perfectly inside the little coffin. Of course this got me thinking about all of the other spooky images that would work perfectly for the outside of the coffin.

I used the Halloween dictionary page, the creepy spider, the bat, the skull and the sheet music border to create the collage sheet. I printed it out and glued it to the outside of the coffin. I added the purple rub-on type before assembling the box. I painted the inside with black acrylic and adhered the skeleton inside.

Here is the Halloween collage sheet I created for the coffin box.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...