Saturday, January 29, 2011

CHA Day 1

Today was the first day of the 2011 Winter Craft & Hobby Association trade show in Los Angeles, CA. I admit that I love seeing all of the new crafting products as well as meeting many of the crafting superstars. This year's show was extra special for me because I have met some new friends through participating in the Sizzix Triple Play Bloghop.

Here are a few of my favorite crafting superstars that I enjoy seeing at every CHA show.

Anyone who enjoys paper crafting has probably heard of Tim Holtz. He is such a talented and nice guy and always greets me with such a warm smile and giant hug.

I walked the show with Karen Burniston. She is another super talented artist and her die designs are so brilliant. She is such a cool person and I enjoyed spending the day with her.

Another super designer that I've met through Sizzix and the Triple Play Blog Hop is the wonderful Eileen Hull.

I found Julie Fei-Fan Balzer demonstrating at a booth. I was so excited to finally meet her. She is such a creative artist and so very nice.

Enough of the star gazing. Here are some sneak peeks at some of the new Sizzix dies and new samples created by Tim Holtz. Is this guy amazing or what!

These are the new ATC cards used together with some of Tim's Mini Movers and Shapers. The little shapes are actually cut out of the cards. 

A card using his new Jalopy die.

A tag using his new Sewing Room die and his birdcage die as a skirt.

Now there are three different sizes of Paper Rosette dies. Yay!

Notice the word "FRIENDS" below, that is actually die cut out of the photo. This is just one of the new Movers and Shapers word dies.

Finally, this is a set of Texture Trades. These are similar to his Texture Fades but at the size of an ATC card.

I will have more photos to share later. This was such an exciting day with so much to see and so many industry friends to reconnect with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...