Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Recycled Book Christmas Ornament

Today I Created | A Christmas ornament out of a recycled book.

My sister and I exchange Christmas ornaments every year. We choose a theme and make something for each other. This year's theme is "Distressed".

With that in mind I thought of something that would be meaningful to my sister and be distressed at the same time.


I created this ornament using an old book. I used Distress Ink to color the edges of the pages and applied some glue and glitter although this doesn't show up very well in the photos.


I strung a ribbon and made a charm to indicate the year and attached that at the top.

My sister has always loved words so creating a distressed ornament out of an old book seemed like a perfect choice.

This is linked to SomedaycraftsBlueCricketDesign, Saturday Mornings and Keeping It Simple.

2 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower, and guess what?! It is linky party day on my blog! Please come enter the giveaway and link up to my Strut Your Stuff Party! I love your blog!
    -Dana, Saturday Mornings

    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. Very interested to learn how you cut your book pages to make this lovely ornament. Thanks for sharing!

    JanaZ
    www.simplymycrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...