Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Holiday Luminaria

 
 
Today I Created | A set of Holiday Luminarias

These were inspired by the Halloween Luminaria on Tim Holtz's Blog. I wanted to try a different twist on the idea.

I started by making my own bags. I used light-weight, 12"x12" papers that were a solid tan color similar to a real paper bag. I die cut them using the Sizzix Bag, Tall die. The nice part about cutting bags with this die is that they are smaller than lunch bags so the battery-operated tea lights fit nicely.

Before assembling the bags I glued die cuts of two styles of reindeer and a snowflake cut from black paper. The snowflake and one reindeer were cut from the eclips Christmas & Traditions Alphabet cartridge. I was able to cut them small enough to fit within the smaller bag. The other reindeer is from the Reindeer Flight die by Tim Holtz.

I assembled the bags and placed the flameless tea lights inside. One tea light per bag worked well but you can use more if you want it brighter. Below is a photo of how the same bags appear in regular light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...