Sunday, January 25, 2015

Southern California Thrifting

We woke on Saturday to the most beautiful weather. The warm winds that we call the Santa Ana's, were blowing and the day seemed full of possibilities. We needed to get out of the house and enjoy this beautiful day. Our destination ended up being South along the California Coast then inland towards Fallbrook and Valley Center.
The Pacific Ocean was so lovely in the distance.


Our first stop was breakfast in Fallbrook, a tiny, farming community nestled halfway between San Diego and Orange County. We found a quaint restaurant called Main Street Cafe and enjoyed Eggs Benedict.
We continued further inland until we arrived at our destination, Matilda's Mouse. Named after their mascot dog, Matilda's Mouse is located in a historic barn filled with curated antiques. They are open only once a month and is situated in the middle of nowhere but it is worth the drive especially on such a lovely day.
I know that my New Year's Resolution is to Live With Less but...
When you find something on your Thrifting Wish List how can you walk away especially after having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day on Friday.
I found this amazing folding canvas basket. It is in really good condition with a metal and wood handle. It was just too nice to pass up. So much for my New Year's Resolution.

The drive home was just as beautiful. This part of California is hilly, rocky and dotted with homes.
It was a beautiful day trip and I really love the folding basket. I'm not sure if I would actually use it while shopping at an estate sale. I would hate to tear it. I think it will be more of a decorator piece.

I just need to discard more things to justify adding the folding basket to my collection.

This is linked to:
Coastal Charm and Sir Thrift-a-Lot

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful day! I really like your basket (it was worth a little resolution violation, lol). Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have passed it up either - I love it. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. flatbed towing service so you can continue your journey without any obstacles or delays.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...