Friday, November 23, 2012

Christmas and Campy Thrift Finds

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a safe "Black Friday".

We avoided the retailers and went to one of the few garage sales held this day after Thanksgiving. It was fun and not very crowded. And the odd thing is that most of the things I bought seemed to fit a theme of either Christmas or Campy.

My favorite find was this kitschy costume jewelry tree probably from the 70s. I remember my mother making one of these. I love the crown-shaped jewelry pieces and the little toys on the bottom. I am going to replace the lights and then put it in my store.
We also found lots of pink Shiny Brite ornaments and ornament picks.
The Campy items were either U.S. military {canteens} or Boy Scout items {backpack} with the exception of this great wooden fishing tackle box and some original old luggage labels from the Yellowstone Park Hotel.

We also found two pins from either the YMCA or from a group called the Christian Citizenship Boys Work Programs.
There is definitely a theme here; Christmas, Campy and Red.

I am going to try and get many of these items into my Stuff to Treasure store this weekend. Oh, and there is still another day of thrifting! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Great Finds! I love the Tree art! It makes me want to make one! But I'm quite sure that won't happen! :)
    Thanks for sharing,
    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...