Saturday, September 1, 2012

What? This old thing? Nah, had it for years...

Okay, everyone act natural...

Dear Handyman couldn't join me today so I had to go out treasure hunting on my own. The last time I did that I came home with an industrial scale. So if we all agree to act natural as if there is nothing new or unusual then maybe he won't notice what I found today.

She is an old French dress form. And it was a choice between her and a large cubby hole display shelf that I really didn't have room for anyway. At least she takes up less space and I've always wanted one and she was a good price and, well, I had a tough week... Well, maybe Dear Handyman won't even notice her or ask any questions. Ahh, but don't you just love her?



I found a few other small items like this old seed bag with great graphics of geese in flight.

Scraps of fabrics and vintage table cloths.

A couple of button cards and a few buttons, some of which appear to be bone.

And finally, this set of small French tart pans. The largest pan is only 4 inches wide.
Okay now, everyone remember to act like you've seen the French dress form standing there for years ;-)

The weather was so wonderful today. Hope everyone had a great day thrifting.

This is linked to:
Coastal CharmHey What's For Dinner Mom?, It's a Very Cherry World, The Thrifty Groove and Truly Lovely

7 comments:

  1. Oh she's a dream. My husband always rats me out. His favorite line is, "don't think I didn't notice that you put (fill in the blank)"! I have yet to have him miss one. Enjoy your treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that dress form. I have a modern one at home on wheels. She's from a store that closed and I use her to display my vintage scarves. Form and function! Gotta love that.

    Your vintage piece here is lovely!

    <3 Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!

    http://LetsGoThrifting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find the dress form is! Love those tablecloths too.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to pop in for a better look at that lovely vintage tablecloth and found a number of things I like!! Happy Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful treasures! Your dress form is a great find. I have one that's missing her stand...so I have to set her on my ironing board to use her. I love...love...love your red, white and blue tablecloth and fabrics.
    I hope you have a Happy Rednesday!
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lurvs the scraps!

    Popped in from Rednesday.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, you got lots of great thrifted treasures! Thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...