Saturday, September 29, 2012

Garage Sales Using iPhone Navigation

I finally took the time to learn how to make my iPhone give me verbal map directions. LOVE IT! I'm pretty sure it can do a lot more amazing things with these maps but I'm happy for now.

My favorite find were these old souvenir pennants from Paris, France. They are two-sided with a colorful image of the Eiffel Tower on the opposite side.
My other favorite find was this vintage TV-shaped, snow globe, salt & pepper shaker featuring a gnome. It caught my eye because it was a Christmas themed snow globe but then I noticed that it was a salt and pepper shaker. And after I got it home, I noticed that it was shaped like a television set.



I also found old Sparklers to add to my collection.
These are old ceramic egg cups marked "Made in Occupied Japan".
I also found a 1958 printed dishtowel decorated with the Zodiac and a lovely old tablecloth covered in blue morning glories.

If I had the space to display these properly I would totally collect old souvenir pennants. I like their graphic look. I found this stitched pennant from Vermont. I liked the fact that the letters are actually sewn on the felt banner.
I will be placing some of these treasures in my Stuff to Treasure store so please be sure to stop by and see what's there.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day thrifting.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...