Thursday, March 17, 2011

For Japan With Love

I would like to apologize for removing the image of ForJapanWithLove.com. When I posted the image I was rushing to post before the March 18th Blogger's Day of Silence but I did so without doing any research. I still believe that they are doing something good to help Japan.

However, after doing further research, I found that the charity they are supporting, Shelterbox, cannot guarantee that 100% of your money donated will be directed to help Japan's urgent need. 

My sister sent me a site that allows you to compare various charitable groups that are working to help Japan. My main critieria was to find a group that could guarantee that 100% of my donation would go to help Japan as well as have the lowest operating costs. The comparison site is called CharityNavigator.org.

After researching this site I found that Brother's Brother Foundation will guarantee that 100% of your donation will go to help Japan. 

I do not want my blog to become political but I want to do what I can to help Japan. My own, very personal connection, is that my mother's family was from Fukushima Prefecture although I do not know of any family still residing in the area. 

Please help in any way you can. Thank you.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...