Sunday, February 21, 2016

Junk Bonanza with a Friendly Surprise

We had planned on going to the San Diego Junk Bonanza for several weeks. We tend to be a bit spontaneous so what we "plan" and what we actually end up doing can be two different stories. Luckily this story had a happy ending and not only did I find more treasures but I was also pleasantly surprised to see a friendly face.
Jo Packham was signing copies of her magazine at the show. I worked with Jo designing the packaging for her first line of Sizzix craft dies. More recently, I shared a Sizzix demonstration booth next to hers at the Craft and Hobby Association trade show. So it was a wonderful surprise to see her listed as the special guest signing autographs at the show.
The show was such an inspiration and filled with so much amazing junk. Last month I bought two vintage bowling pins and now I found an even older Strike Master bowling pin. It looks like I've started collecting bowling pins.

I also bought metal charms and escutcheons that I plan to use on various projects. I don't know how old these are but they look so vintage. I especially like the little heart locket in the middle of the bottom photo.
I had bought similar charms from this vendor last year and used one of the winged angels on my Valentine card for Dear Handyman.
Hope everyone had a great thrifting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...