Sunday, March 29, 2015

Painted Gold-Trimmed Easter Eggs

Easter is just around the corner and I finally had a chance to design some Easter Eggs. I wanted to use some paper maché eggs that I had thrifted and to try using a rather unusual collage material.
I began with some lovely French images from the Graphics Fairy. Now here is the unusual collage part, I had some {unused} toilet seat covers that were not properly die cut so as to make them impractical for their intended purpose. These were to be discarded from the office so I saved a couple of sheets to experiment with. I trimmed a seat cover into an 8" x 10 1/2" sheet and taped the corners to a standard piece of printer paper. I ran this through my inkjet printer to transfer the French graphics onto the very lightweight tissue surface.
I tore small sections of the tissue and used Mod Podge to create a collage on the eggs. I had to be careful because the tissue tends to disintegrate with moisture.
After the eggs were dry, I applied a light coat of Distress Paint.
To add some interest to the painted surface, I doodled on each egg using gold Sizzix InkSheets. I also added some gold ribbon, washi tape, lace and vintage buttons to finish off each egg.
This was the first time that I used the InkSheets and I could see some fun possibilities. I also learned that it is possible to print on very thin tissue. If you try using either technique, please add a comment and let me know what you think. Hope everyone had a fun weekend.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...