Friday, August 27, 2010

Alcohol Ink experiment

Today I Created | A decorated CD using alcohol inks.

I like creating things out of recycled items. I found that there are unprinted blank CDs used in packaging the unwritten blank CDs. These seemed like the perfect medium to create art using alcohol inks.

On this sample I applied alcohol inks and then rubber stamped a swirl pattern with StazOn blank ink. On the opposite side I applied a thick coating of Rock Candy crackle paint. This wasn't as visually interesting as I had hoped. I stamped brown ink on top of the dried crackle paint to add interest.

I learned that crackle paint works best on porous surfaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...